Live Chat: Christina Larson on China and the Environment (Tuesday, Noon ET / 9 am PT)
As Barack Obama embarks on his first trip to Beijing as president -- and with less than a month to go before the Copenhagen climate change summit -- it's worth asking: Is China's rapid economic growth ravaging the environment? Or are that nation's massive investments in green technology an environmental lifeline -- not to mention a huge headstart in a sector that could drive the economy of the 21st century?
New America Foundation Schwartz Fellow Christina Larson will be discussing these questions Tuesday, Nov. 17, in this week's New America Foundation / Politico live web chat.
Update: This chat has concluded, but a full transcript is archived below.
* * *
Previous New America/Politico chats have their full transcripts archived:
- Schwartz Fellow Dayo Olopade on the Obama Administration's faith-based initiatives
- Education Policy Program staffers Lisa Guernsey and Christina Satkowski on the future of Head Start
- Health Policy Program Director Len Nichols on the current state of health reform
- Energy Policy Initiative Director Lisa Margonelli on the prospects for real progress with climate policy legislation.
- Schwartz Fellow Nicholas Thompson on Cold War lessons for Afghanistan
- Global Assets Project Deputy Director Jamie Zimmerman on savings as a path out of poverty
- Bernard L. Schwartz Fellows Program Director Andres Martinez on "President Obama: Pragmatist or Ideologue?"