Live Chat: Barack Obama, Pragmatist or Ideologue?
Whether the issue is health reform, Afghanistan or gays in the military, progressive supporters of President Obama are dismayed by the pace of change -- while critics continue to warn of radical ambitions being cloaked by moderate talk.
Andrés Martinez, director of New America’s Bernard L. Schwartz Fellows Program, will be here at noon ET / 9am PT today to discuss the true nature of our president -- and the implications of policy decisions he's made to date.
* * *
Previous New America/Politico chats have their full transcripts archived:
- Schwartz Fellow Dayo Olopade on the Obama Administration's faith-based initiatives
- Education Policy Program staffers Lisa Guernsey and Christina Satkowski on the future of Head Start
- Health Policy Program Director Len Nichols on the current state of health reform
- Energy Policy Initiative Director Lisa Margonelli on the prospects for real progress with climate policy legislation.
- Schwartz Fellow Nicholas Thompson on Cold War lessons for Afghanistan
- Global Assets Project Deputy Director Jamie Zimmerman on savings as a path out of poverty