New America’s Leadership Council is an active and intergenerational assemblage of business and philanthropic leaders helping to bring exceptionally promising new voices and new ideas to the fore of our nation’s public discourse. Members hail from across the country, expanding Foundation’s intellectual reach in key regions and on key areas of business, technology, media and culture.
Leadership Council members contribute $25,000 or more to the Foundation each year, and participate in the intellectual life of New America in numerous ways.
Benefits of the Leadership Council include
- Invitation to attend New America’s Annual Conference with Senior Staff, Fellows, and the Board of Directors. The Annual Conference is one of the highlights of New America’s year, as it provides a rare opportunity for an intimate dialogue about the most challenging issues of our time and affords an opportunity for discussion and engagement among all attendees.
- Invitation to attend a salon breakfast series held at The Core Club in New York City—an opportunity to interact with policy-makers, business leaders, and some of the foremost thought leaders in the United States
- Invitations to events, briefings, luncheons, and salon dinners across the country
- Invitations to participate in high-profile, public policy events and conferences at New America’s headquarters in Washington, DC and at New America New York City
- Opportunities to engage with New America’s President, Program Directors and Fellows, and the Board of Directors
- Regular mailings of New America Foundation’s best commentary and briefs
- Complimentary copies of all New America Foundation books and major publications
- Recognition on the New America Foundation website
Current Leadership Council
- Thor Halvorssen
President and CEO, Human Rights Foundation
- George C. Halvorson
Chairman, Kaiser Permanente
- Carolyn Kaplan
President, George Wasserman Family Foundation
- Ruth and David Levine
- Peter Marber
Head of Emerging Markets Investments at Loomis, Sayles & Co.
- Craig Newmark
Customer Service Rep and Founder, craigslist.org
- Robert H. Niehaus
Founder, Greenhill Capital Partners
- F. Noel Perry
Founder, Next Ten and Managing Director, Baccharis Capital Inc.
- George R. Salem,
Founder, Law Offices of George R. Salem, PLCC
- Myron Sponder